Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Uphill.

Flying isn't easy. You don't just need the wings, you need to trust in yourself and know that you won't fall. You need to stop being afraid of heights.

You need to take that leap of faith.

I'm hardly one to throw words like faith and belief around. I know that you don't just wake up one morning believing in yourself or with faith in God or whatever. They're things you build, like friendship.

You take it step by step. Get things right for once, make the harder choices.

You take some pain now so that you're not in pieces later.

You breathe in and know that beauty still exists and that you yet have years to live, that you can't always bury the past but you can at least try not to live in it.

You can look forward to a new day and make it new, make it worthwhile and make some more memories to cloud the ones you're trying to suppress.

I've found a new world. I'm still trying to understand it better, get more comfortable in it. Some pieces fit easily, some don't. I have to make it work.

As Mr Mraz says in his breathtaking voice here, I won't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment