Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rambling...

It's my way of making a fresh start.
I realised, when I was sitting and chewing on chocolate chip cookies and staring at absolutely nothing, that I ought to have paid more attention, given more importance to this blog that I created at half-past one in the morning, with my mom yelling her head off about how I should be more responsible and put my computer away on time...but that's an entirely different story. So my point is, if I initiated it, I should go on with it.
So I deleted all the entries I'd made before (believe me, it wasn't fun deleting stuff I'd written, but then those entries weren't much to br proud of either) and decided to start anew.
Of course, with my current state of activity (which is absolute inactivity), I had to get past all the points of boredom that ever existed to come back to what I'd deemed a lost cause. So I stared at Rihanna dancing in leopard-print pants on TV, downloaded all the songs ever released by Evanescence and, as a last straw, watched Eclipse (retch, retch)...and then decided to give my own blogging skills another try.
Now as for Eclipse, even though by saying this I'm making myself a target of eggs, tomatoes and whatever else the alleged Twihards can dig out of their refrigerators (though that is just a waste; ever heard of food scarcity?), my God, they killed the book. They might as well have picked up a copy of it and very symbolically ripped it, cover to cover, before throwing that butane lighter on to it.
The story is, of course THE most predictable thing on earth, but there is a certain magic about Meyer's storytelling that hooked millions worldwide. The addictive element that she adds has been missing in the movies from the beginning   (I would know, having watched them all, though I swore to myself I wouldn't...guess I couldn't help hoping) but as the sequels sprang up, the lack became more and more conspicuous. And as for all the Lautner-crazy women out there (yes, you!) I can't empathise with your adoration for this fellow, who may be really great in the gym, but didn't really show off much but the abs onscreen. (I'm going to sleep with a pick under my covers tonight).
But of course, the people hell-bent on saving the crumbling pedestal of this series....they loved it.
Thank goodness addiction doesn't affect my judgment.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe...thanks. Though I once went through the embarrassing phase of liking Hannah Montana too. Not Bieber, though. Not blind enough for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol just started readin ur blog backwards n i must say its entertaining ....especially when u want a big mish mash of sensible non sense:P(or non sensical sense)to pull u out of monotony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me!! =)

    ReplyDelete